Transamerica Health Insurance
When people picture the city of San Francisco, they undoubtedly picture the Transamerica Building. The distinctive pyramid-shaped skyscraper headquarters the Transamerica Life Insurance Company, which has been a vital part of the lives of customers in both San Francisco and the rest of the United States since its founding in 1904. Originally incorporated as the Transamerica Corporation, the company first made a name for itself in the restoration of the city following the great San Francisco earthquake and following fire in 1906. Today, Transamerica has branched out into multiple areas of insurance, including health insurance and its derivative and related products.
Transamerica Health Insurance Related Products
Transamerica offers health insurance products through Transamerica Affinity Services, a leading direct marketer of supplemental health insurance. Through its affiliated health insurance providers, Transamerica has been offering quality health insurance products for over a century.
- Accident Hospital Indemnity - Helps provide for families in the event of an accident requiring an extended hospital stay.
- Accident & Sickness Hospital Indemnity - Supplements regular medical coverage to offset hospital bills and pay monthly expenses and lost income.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment - Reimburses the family in case of death in a covered accident.
- Student Accident - Covers students and student athletes in all scholastic activities.
- Student Health Insurance
- Return of Premium Cancer - Pays benefits directly to the customer if diagnosed with cancer and the treatment requires a hospital stay.
- Critical Illness - Pays up to $100,000 in benefits to cover expenses that may not be covered by other insurance.
- Cancer Indemnity - Provides a daily hospitalization benefit for cancer patients. Enrollees must be cancer free for a period prior to treatment.
- Dental Insurance
- Executive Health - Provides preferred patient status with expanded resources and preventative care.
- Hospital Indemnity - Gives daily benefits up to $200/day to spouses, children, and members.
- Fixed Indemnity Medical (Limited Benefits) - Voluntary health care coverage for employees.
- Medicare Prescription Drug Insurance - Provides coverage for Medicare Part D prescription drug benefits.
In addition, Transamerica also offers supplementary products for those enrolled in Medicare. Medicare Supplement and Medicare prescription drug plans provide protection from high out of pocket costs and make it easier for individuals to budget for medical expenses.