Blue Cross Blue Shield Montana
For 63 years, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Montana (BCBSMT) has been protecting Montanans from catastrophic and unexpected medical expenses, and for the past 16 years has been engaged in managed care plans with the Montana medical community, as well.
BCBSMT is a Montana business, licensed and regulated as a not-for-profit health services corporation by the Montana Insurance Department and employs over 750 Montanans in Billings, Bozeman, Butte, Great Falls, Helena, Kalispell, and Missoula with an annual payroll in excess of $33 million.
BCBSMT serves more than 240,000 customers all across Montana and more than 140,000 Medicare beneficiaries. Participating in our network are over 1,700 licensed Montana physicians, 58 hospitals and critical access facilities, more than 250 other facility providers, and 2,200 allied health care professionals.
BCBSMT offers a full range of quality health care coverage including:
- Traditionalfee for service indemnity insurance
- Point-of-service (POS) and managed care benefit plans
- Medicare Supplement plans benefits for Medicare beneficiaries
- Coverage for federal employees, retirees, and dependents through the Federal Employee Program (FEP)
- Coverage for uninsured children through the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Arrangements for active duty military, military dependents, and retirees through CHAMPUS/TriWest