BadgerCare Plus Core Plan provides access to basic health care coverage for Wisconsin residents. BadgerCare Plus Core Plan provides primary care benefits, preventive care, generic prescription drugs and more to low income adults that live in Wisconsin.
To qualify for BadgerCare Plus Core Plan, applicants must:
- Live in Wisconsin
- Be between the ages of 19 and 64
- Not have dependent children living with them
- Meet certain income restrictions
- Be uninsured for past 12 months
- Not have access to health insurance via an employer
BadgerCare+ also offers state sponsored health plans for children (BadgerCare Plus for Children & Families) and pregnant women (BadgerCare Plus for Pregnant Women).
Even if you don't meet the qualification requirements for BadgerCare Plus, there are still many affordable health insurance options for Wisconsin residents offered by quality health insurance companies. You can shop for a plan here to see what affordable health plans might be available to you.